Sunday, December 05, 2004

Everybody is sick ...

My son is sick - down with pharyngitis and is running a fever. I am still nursing the damn tonsillitis I got since last week. Wifey has also been sick ... today, everyone went to see the doctors. For my troubles, I went to three doctors already but it keeps coming back. While the throat is no longer swollen and tender, everytime I eat anything it tasted bitter and felt like sandpaper going down my throat.

Let me repeat my condemnation to the modern medical science .. they know nothing about curing people - at best, they take stabs at guessing what's wrong and had it not been for the invention of penicillin they will have nothing to prescribe.

This brings me to the problem that wifey been having ... she went to two doctors (who know her medical history well) but both of the doctors keep saying that the other doctor got the treatment wrong. In fact, the whole industry is known for the 'second-opinion' practice - here's what I don't get ... if medical is science, then how can two d making the diagono

No comments: