Thursday, December 09, 2004

Acute Tonsillitis

Went to see the doctor on Monday, he took one look at my throat and said that I should be admitted.
Had to run some chores, the most important being a run to the laundry place to grab some undies and pants -afterwards, I checked in the same day to the hospital.

They ran an IV drip with antibiotics so that my tonsils won't swell up anymore and block my airway - this was the whole reason of me needing to be admitted, if the swelling got worse I be choking and that would be bad.

Interesting place to include the Rule of 3s ... 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food.

I was initially very hesitant about spending any amount of time in a hospital - most people who know me know how I feel for doctors and hospitals. Fortunately, my stay of 3 days and 3 nights wasn't too bad - this is probably due to the fact that I haven't been sleeping properly ever since I got the tonsillitis some 14 days ago. Not being able to breath during sleep can be bad too ... At the very least, I now feel somewhat patched up and hopefully I don't get a relapse.

On a more spiritual note - this whole episode feels like a rebirth ... the second coming!

No comments: